Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ukraine Through Google's Eyes

Some people have discovered that Google predicts your search terms.

(see for example

That is, if I now type 'how can I' in Google (and then wait a bit), Google suggests to me 'how can I keep from singing'. Most likely Google makes such predictions based on its records of past searches (hence what you can get can be different from one moment to another).

Here is the top 3 suggestions that I get when I type 'Ukraine'

1 Ukraine Flu
2 Ukraine Flu Outbreak
3 Ukraine Plague


for Kyiv

1. Kyivstar SMS
2. Kyiv Post
3. Kyivstar

on 9. there's Kyiv School of Economics!

It's also interesting to see the suggestions when typing the names of Ukrainian politicians - Tymoshenko (hair), Yanukovich (egg, criminal record) and Yatsenyuk (Jewish).

No comments:

Post a Comment